Strategic Objectives and Kia created a unique product launch for the brand’s NEW Sorento PHEV. Not only did our interactive event walk the sustainability walk, it captured the attention of key media and influencers in Quebec.
Kia is committed to a more sustainable future, epitomized by the company’s new brand identity and slogan, Movement that inspires. This new, evolved phase of the business will see Kia bring 7 electrified vehicles to Canada by 2025, and the Sorento PHEV was the first to arrive in Quebec.
Strategic Objectives’ experience shows connecting with automobile consumers through lifestyle media and influencers is effective. As such, the Sorento PHEV launch was an important opportunity to formally introduce Kia’s new brand and commitment to sustainability to a priority region’s most influential lifestyle tastemakers and media.
The Challenge: Educate, Excite and Explore During a Pandemic
Kia Canada tasked Strategic Objectives to create an event tailored for Quebec to position the Sorento PHEV as a sustainable lifestyle vehicle for responsible and eco-conscious consumers. This was the first time we were spotlighting the Kia brand to the Quebec lifestyle market, so we had to introduce Kia’s new brand identity and role as a pioneer in the age of EVs. And this all had to be done while grappling with pandemic restrictions.
The Solution: Accelerate Awareness with a Distinctive Lifestyle Approach
We developed an original event strategy for #KiaSustainableStyle to connect with consumers through lifestyle media and influencers:
- Mélissa Désormeaux, Kia’s Quebec brand ambassador, played an active role in the event
- An informative and intimate brunch for 13 influential guests showcased Kia’s commitment to sustainability and positioned the Sorento PHEV as a cool, contemporary and eco-friendly vehicle for urbanites
- Guests had an opportunity to drive the Sorento PHEVs either to or from the event to ensure authentic conversation and vehicle experience
- Everyone visited Seconde, one of Mélissa’s favourite vintage stores, to shop a sustainable ensemble inspired by Kia’s new brand colours. Hair and make-up artists touched up guests' Kia-inspired look
- The day ended with an editorial photoshoot for all guests with Montreal’s sought-after fashion photographer, Cesar Ochoa. Everyone posed in front of the sleek Sorento PHEV
From the chosen venue to the activities, the launch integrated Kia’s sustainability narrative and was progressive, thoughtful and creative.
To drive coverage of the Sorento PHEV across Canada, SO developed an integrated marketing program comprised of targeted media relations, paid editorial placements and influencer relations.
ACE Award Winner
2 IABC/Toronto OVATION Awards
- Coverage elevated the brand and shared Kia’s new direction
- Effective social media content raised additional awareness
- #KiaSustainableStyle won two coveted 2023 IABC/Toronto OVATION Awards: one for social media and one for Special & Experiential Events
Does your brand need help cutting through the clutter? Are you looking for fresh thinking and modern storytelling that gets results? Please contact us to see if we might collaborate on award-winning campaigns in the future. We can’t wait to get started!
We’re great listeners
Let's talk about your goals, your consumers, and how we'll connect the two.