Social Media & Digital Marketing Specialist Job Summary
Strategic Objectives is looking for a passionate and talented Social Media & Digital Marketing Specialist to join our agency team in Toronto. This team member will support day-to-day social media activities for some of Canada’s most-loved consumer lifestyle brands.
Backed by a specialist degree or certificate and 2+ years of experience, this candidate will collaborate with team members to develop successful social media strategies and influencer campaigns.
The ability to design custom Microsoft PowerPoint templates is an asset.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Work collaboratively with Account Leads to develop organic and paid social media strategies
- Understand, develop and execute effective paid social campaign strategies
- Develop and implement amplification strategies and tactics
- Lead and support day-to-day social media activities for brands (Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, You Tube, LinkedIn etc.), working closely with PR team
- Act as community manager for lifestyle brands, building meaningful relationships with followers and growing positive, engaged social communities
- Write effective and engaging social media copy and manage the development of content calendars
- Contribute to and oversee photography and video for original visual content creation (i.e. stories, reels). Supervise content creation for photo shoots and onsite activities
- Contribute new and innovative ideas and concepts to make social activations memorable and best-in-class
- Grow relationships and engagement on brand channels through strong strategy and content development
- Schedule and post content for brand channels
- Conduct client communication, write compelling emails, presentations and copy for social media
- Work with account teams to develop reports, tracking processes
- Proactively offer new ideas, opportunities and tools to leverage in the social media space
- Contribute to and collaborate on influencer campaigns
- Contribute to brainstorms to generate ideas and positive discussion
- Mentor team members and share best practices
- Have a keen aesthetic eye for creating the best on-brand content and PowerPoint presentation reports
- Manage multiple assignments and complete work on time, and to a high standard of quality.
- Contribute to agency culture, values and brand building initiatives (i.e. providing ideas/content for SO social channels, website inclusions and SOAR diversity and inclusion committee)
- A team player who "pitches in" to help peers to drive business success.
- A positive collaborator and multi-tasker with a “can-do” attitude.
- Confident in verbalizing ideas, comments and recommendations.
- Able to effectively manage constructive feedback on work output to deliver successful results.
- Strong sense of urgency.
- Able to think on one’s feet in the face of unforeseen circumstances.
- Committed to self-improvement and development.
- Interested in learning and contributing to the advancement of public relations.
- 2+ years of professional experience in social and digital media, ideally in an agency setting
- Undergraduate degree in relevant field to communications and marketing
- The ideal candidate will also have a post-graduate course(s) or certificate(s) in social media, digital marketing, SEO, content creation, etc.
Skills & Qualifications
- Knowledge of AdWords
- PowerPoint & Canva
- Photography (for social/web or internal use)
- Video production and editing tools
- Experience and passion for social media copywriting across social media channels
- Social media channels and functionality (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tik Tok, LinkedIn)
- Strong knowledge of social analytics tools, ad campaigns and optimization
- Strong command and understanding of written and verbal English language
We are Original:
We believe in creativity, strategic thinking and strive for excellence in everything we do. We reimagine what is possible We are brave. We are bold.
We are Trusted:
Our reputation is built on Trust. We operate with integrity and we are trusted colleagues and trusted advisors to our clients.
We are Caring:
We care about our talent, our clients, each other and our teammates. We strive to always be kind, supportive and respectful in all situations.
We are Champions for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
We celebrate differing ideas, diverse cultures, and inclusive approaches for the betterment of our team, our profession, and our society. We are continuously increasing our knowledge and understanding in DEI to become a more diverse and inclusive workplace. Doing the right thing is part of our DNA.
We are Fun:
We revel in positivity, friendship, and the joys of working together in a supportive, collaborative way. We uplift each other, celebrate wins together, and enjoy each other’s company.
SO’s Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
SO is committed to equality, diversity and inclusion and fighting against racism of any kind. We are committed to creating and sustaining a workplace where differences are valued, and everyone can be themselves. We do not tolerate discrimination. We believe that individuals should be treated with respect and encourage our teammates to speak up when they see behaviors that do not live up to our values.
We are committed to learning and improving every day, educating ourselves to be part of the solution, and being an ally in positive social change. Doing the right thing is in our DNA. Embracing and promoting diversity and inclusion are fundamental to doing what is right for our team, our community, our country, and our world.
A diverse, inclusive, and connected agency team, operating with respect and understanding, is vital to our relevance and success. At Strategic Objectives we want to improve our ability to attract, develop, and nurture talent, as diverse and brilliant as possible. We passionately believe in our agency culture where we treat each other with integrity and respect because when we are united in good. We can lead the future of public relations and truly make a difference.
Strategic Objectives is a UN award-winning leader, recognized for helping brands and organizations raise awareness and support for important societal issues and concerns. We are experts at activating Canadians and giving voice to issues and opportunities that need the support of our larger society. Racism has gone on for far too long. We are an agency known for effective social responsibility programs. Together we are striving to open dialogue and activate change for the better. The time to act is now.
We’re great listeners
Let's talk about your goals, your consumers, and how we'll connect the two.