Intern Role Overview
Strategic Objectives is committed to investing in and mentoring the next generation of PR professionals to support and grow our thriving industry. We offer three-month paid internships to aspiring communications professionals, providing hands-on opportunities to work on unique and memorable campaigns, while receiving industry-leading training and expertise. PR interns should have excellent written and verbal communications skills and a keen sense for what makes compelling news. Our PR interns are responsible for juggling multiple projects simultaneously, such as planning media and experiential events, supporting influencer campaigns, developing media materials, and participating in digital and social initiatives from community management to content creation.
Day-to-Day Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Establishing and growing relationships with media, bloggers and influencers, pitching stories and securing branded client coverage
- Monitoring media and industry news, tracking media coverage, reporting metrics and results
- Supporting account teams in the development of innovative, research-based initiatives and programs and performing research and market analysis
- Developing and updating media lists and management of media contact database
- Supporting account teams at media and experiential events, activations, media tours, vendor partnerships and quotes and assisting in set-up, on-site hosting and tear down
- Assisting in the development of media materials including media alerts, press releases, fact sheets, media kits and co-promotion scripts
- Contributing ideas in company brainstorm sessions
- Developing client communications and weekly results reports, learning how to effectively deliver top client service
- Conducting social media listening and monitoring using appropriate analytics tools, developing reports and industry insights
- Contributing to agency’s social media platforms and website
- Attending client and staff meetings when appropriate to gain valuable experience and knowledge
- Assisting in administrative duties when required, supporting the in-house production team
SO’s Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
SO is committed to equality, diversity and inclusion and fighting against racism of any kind. We are committed to creating and sustaining a workplace where differences are valued, and everyone can be themselves. We do not tolerate discrimination. We believe that individuals should be treated with respect, and encourage our teammates to speak up when they see behaviors that do not live up to our values.
We are committed to learning and improving everyday, and educating ourselves to be part of the solution, and an ally in positive social change. Doing the right thing is in our DNA. Embracing and promoting diversity and inclusion are fundamental to doing what is right for our team, our community, our country, and our world.
A diverse, inclusive, and connected agency team, operating with respect and understanding, is vital to our relevance and success. At Strategic Objectives we want to improve our ability to attract, develop, and nurture talent, as diverse and brilliant as possible. We passionately believe in our agency culture where we treat each other with integrity and respect because when we are united in good. We can lead the future of public relations and truly make a difference.
Strategic Objectives is a UN award-winning leader, recognized for helping brands and organizations raise awareness and support for important societal issues and concerns. We are expert at activating Canadians and giving voice to issues and opportunities that need the support of our larger society. Racism has gone on for far too long. We are an agency known for effective social responsibility programs. Together we are striving to open dialogue and activate change for the better. The time to act is now.
We’re great listeners
Let's talk about your goals, your consumers, and how we'll connect the two.