Strategic Objectives is seeking a dedicated and skilled Account Manager (AM) to lead day-to-day account activities for some of Canada’s well-known consumer lifestyle brands. The ideal candidate has a passion for lifestyle, food and CPG. The AM successfully builds positive relationships with clients and team members and leads strategic planning for the accounts. The AM is responsible for account planning, budgeting, developing and presenting plans and leading/mentoring. The role multitasks client assignments and mentoring team members with a results-driven attitude and in-the-moment, strategic thinking. The successful candidate has 3+ years of agency experience.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads day-to-day account business, in collaboration with senior team
- Writes strategies and has day-to-day business correspondence with clients
- Acts as key part of strategy presentation team
- Works with senior team to map out campaign plans, milestones and work for business success
- Builds budgets and is acountable for budget management
- Writes/oversees effective news releases, social media posts and other media materials/business communications materials
- Leads media relations and influencer campaigns with the team
- Pitches/negotiates with tier-A media/influencers to generate strong results
- Develops strong client relationships
- Oversees new and existing vendor, media and influencer relationships
- Leads brainstorms to generate ideas and positive discussion
- Shares ideas to move agency forward
- Mentors team members
- University degree. PR, social media or digital marketing certificate an asset
- 3+ years agency experience
- Strong command and understanding of written and verbal English language
Digital Applications Knowledge
- Microsoft Office: Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Social media channels and functionality (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tik Tok, LinkedIn)
Strategic Objectives Values
We are Original:
We believe in creativity, strategic thinking and strive for excellence in everything we do. We reimagine what is possible We are brave. We are bold.
We are Trusted:
Our reputation is built on Trust. We operate with integrity and we are trusted colleagues and trusted advisors to our clients.
We are Caring:
We care about our talent, our clients, each other and our teammates. We strive to always be kind, supportive and respectful in all situations.
We are Champions for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
We celebrate differing ideas, diverse cultures, and inclusive approaches for the betterment of our team, our profession, and our society. We are continuously increasing our knowledge and understanding in DEI to become a more diverse and inclusive workplace. Doing the right thing is part of our DNA.
We are Fun:
We revel in positivity, friendship, and the joys of working together in a supportive, collaborative way. We uplift each other, celebrate wins together, and enjoy each other’s company.
SO’s Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
SO is committed to equality, diversity and inclusion and fighting against racism of any kind. We are committed to creating and sustaining a workplace where differences are valued, and everyone can be themselves. We do not tolerate discrimination. We believe that individuals should be treated with respect and encourage our teammates to speak up when they see behaviors that do not live up to our values.
We are committed to learning and improving every day, educating ourselves to be part of the solution, and being an ally in positive social change. Doing the right thing is in our DNA. Embracing and promoting diversity and inclusion are fundamental to doing what is right for our team, our community, our country, and our world.
A diverse, inclusive, and connected agency team, operating with respect and understanding, is vital to our relevance and success. At Strategic Objectives we want to improve our ability to attract, develop, and nurture talent, as diverse and brilliant as possible. We passionately believe in our agency culture where we treat each other with integrity and respect because when we are united in good. We can lead the future of public relations and truly make a difference.
Strategic Objectives is a UN award-winning leader, recognized for helping brands and organizations raise awareness and support for important societal issues and concerns. We are experts at activating Canadians and giving voice to issues and opportunities that need the support of our larger society. Racism has gone on for far too long. We are an agency known for effective social responsibility programs. Together we are striving to open dialogue and activate change for the better.
We’re great listeners
Let's talk about your goals, your consumers, and how we'll connect the two.