Senior Consultant Overview
Strategic Objectives is seeking a dedicated and skilled Senior Consultant to lead day-to-day account activities for some of Canada’s well-known consumer lifestyle brands. The ideal candidate will have a passion for lifestyle, fashion and beauty, food and CPG and previous experience working in these sectors.
The Senior Consultant successfully builds positive relationships with clients and team members and becomes a part of strategic planning. The role multitasks multiple client assignments at any given time and mentors team members with a results-driven attitude and in-the-moment, strategic thinking to get the job done right.
The right candidate will have a minimum of three years of PR agency experience.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads day-to-day account business, in collaboration with the management team
- Writes effective news releases, social media posts and marketing communications
- Leads media relations and influencer campaigns: develops media, blogger and influencer lists. Instructs team on strategy
- Pitches/negotiates with tier-A media/influencers to generate strong results
- Develops strong client relationships
- Grows new and existing vendor, media and influencer relationships
- Leads brainstorms to generate ideas and positive discussion
- Acts as a key part of presentation teams.
- Writes business plans and day-to-day business correspondence
- Works with the management team to map out campaign plans, milestones and work for business success
- Builds budgets. Accountable for budget management and tracking on programs. Mentors staff on budgets
- Shares ideas to move the agency forward
- Mentors team members
- Contributes to agency brand building initiatives
- University degree. PR, social media or digital marketing certificate an asset
- 3+ years of agency experience
- Strong command and understanding of written and verbal English language
Digital Applications Knowledge
- Microsoft Office: Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Social media channels and functionality (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tik Tok, LinkedIn)
We’re great listeners
Let's talk about your goals, your consumers, and how we'll connect the two.