Strategic Objectives is looking for passionate and talented Consultants to join our growing team in Toronto. This team member will support day-to-day activities for some of Canada’s most-loved consumer lifestyle brands. The ideal candidate will enjoy working on clients in the lifestyle and CPG space and have previous experience doing so.
This is a fundamental role in our agency, duties include leading media and influencer relations campaigns, writing and reviewing communications materials, client communications and participating in brainstorms, supporting event coordination and execution (virtual for now) and so much more.
The right candidates will have a minimum of 1 year agency experience.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Supports account leadership team in the running of day-to-day account project management
- Key driver in earned media wins for clients and demonstrates excellent media market awareness and relationships: develops media and influencer lists and facilitates meaningful relationships
- Support in influencer campaigns, acts as key point of contact and liaison in contracting and execution
- Writes effective news releases, social media posts and client emails
- Grows new and existing vendor, media and influencer relationships
- Work with teams to plan and execute events; liaise with suppliers (virtual)
- Contributes to brainstorms to generate ideas and positive discussion
- Mentors coordinator and interns
- University degree. PR, social media or digital marketing certificate an asset
- 2+ years agency experience
- Strong command and understanding of written and verbal English language
Digital Applications Knowledge
- Microsoft Office: Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Social media channels and functionality (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tik Tok, LinkedIn)
Strategic Objectives Values
We are Original:
We believe in creativity, strategic thinking and strive for excellence in everything we do. We reimagine what is possible We are brave. We are bold.
We are Trusted:
Our reputation is built on Trust. We operate with integrity and we are trusted colleagues and trusted advisors to our clients.
We are Caring:
We care about our talent, our clients, each other and our teammates. We strive to always be kind, supportive and respectful in all situations.
We are Champions for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
We celebrate differing ideas, diverse cultures, and inclusive approaches for the betterment of our team, our profession, and our society. We are continuously increasing our knowledge and understanding in DEI to become a more diverse and inclusive workplace. Doing the right thing is part of our DNA.
We are Fun:
We revel in positivity, friendship, and the joys of working together in a supportive, collaborative way. We uplift each other, celebrate wins together, and enjoy each other’s company.
SO’s Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
SO is committed to equality, diversity and inclusion and fighting against racism of any kind. We are committed to creating and sustaining a workplace where differences are valued, and everyone can be themselves. We do not tolerate discrimination. We believe that individuals should be treated with respect and encourage our teammates to speak up when they see behaviors that do not live up to our values.
We are committed to learning and improving every day, educating ourselves to be part of the solution, and being an ally in positive social change. Doing the right thing is in our DNA. Embracing and promoting diversity and inclusion are fundamental to doing what is right for our team, our community, our country, and our world.
A diverse, inclusive, and connected agency team, operating with respect and understanding, is vital to our relevance and success. At Strategic Objectives we want to improve our ability to attract, develop, and nurture talent, as diverse and brilliant as possible. We passionately believe in our agency culture where we treat each other with integrity and respect because when we are united in good. We can lead the future of public relations and truly make a difference.
Strategic Objectives is a UN award-winning leader, recognized for helping brands and organizations raise awareness and support for important societal issues and concerns. We are experts at activating Canadians and giving voice to issues and opportunities that need the support of our larger society. Racism has gone on for far too long. We are an agency known for effective social responsibility programs. Together we are striving to open dialogue and activate change for the better. The time to act is now.
We’re great listeners
Let's talk about your goals, your consumers, and how we'll connect the two.