For Immediate Release
January 16, 2012
Toronto PR Agency Strategic Objectives
Named to PR News Top Ten CSR A-List 2012
Only all-Canadian firm to make the Corporate Social Responsibility Top Ten
Strategic Objectives, Canada’s international, award-winning PR powerhouse, has racked up a new and impressive honour. A global leader in creating breakthrough corporate social responsibility (CSR) programs that do meaningful social good, Strategic Objectives is the only all-Canadian PR firm named to the brand new Top Ten CSR A-LIST 2012 by PR News, the industry’s print and online bible. Agency partner Judy Lewis will pick up the exclusive Crystal Award at the PR News CSR Awards on Tuesday, April 17, in Washington, D.C.
“It’s an incredible honour to be recognized and inducted to the esteemed PR News CSR A-List,” says agency co-founder and EVP Judy Lewis. “Strategic Objectives is committed to using the power of PR to create social good and help make a positive difference by advancing awareness of important social causes.”
“PR with heart is fundamental to everything we do at Strategic Objectives. We are extremely grateful to our clients and teammates for pushing the creative envelope with innovative CSR brand strategies that deliver game-changing results. We are SO proud to be recognized by our industry,” adds agency co-founder and president, Deborah Weinstein.
A leading Canadian PR voice for more than 25 years, the owner-operated independent agency won the coveted title based on its long-standing and proven power to create original CSR programs that marry big brands to important causes and move the fund- and awareness-raising needle for social good — both across Canada and around the world.
- The White Cashmere BT Couture Collection: Fashion with Compassion™, a fully-integrated, nine-year fund- and awareness-raiser for Cashmere Bathroom Tissue and The Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation. Winner of 25 national and international awards;
- The Body Shop, with its ongoing commitment to defending human rights including 2011’s Stop S*X Trafficking of Children and Young People, winner of the IABC/Toronto People’s Choice Award for Campaign of the Year. A client for more than 25 years, The Body Shop was named to the PR News Hall of Fame this year;
- Serving up year-round social good programming with M&M Meat Shops (Canada’s leading frozen food retailer with +450 stores across the country), including the creation of M&M Meat Shops National Family Dinner Night and support for its annual Charity BBQ Day— both awareness and fund-raisers for the crohn’s and Colitis Foundation of Canada (CCFC);
- The creation and launch of Koodonation™ for Koodo Mobile in 2011. Koodonation is Canada’s first-ever Online Microvolunteering Community promoting Social Change through the Social Web by activating microvolunteers across Canada;
- Additional programs include the CCFC annual Get Gutsy Awareness Month; The Canadian Cancer Society Daffodil Month; Build-A-Bear-Workshop Huggable Heroes; Medic-Alert; and Pfizer Paralympic Games programming, to name only some…
The PR News mission is to provide insightful marketplace analysis, enabling executives to rise above their competition. Its esteemed CSR Agency A-List, spotlights PR agencies with a proven track record in developing and managing corporate responsibility programs and social good initiatives for clients. Inductees understand the importance of communicating corporate social responsibility to a client’s various and varying stakeholders and have developed innovative and successful CSR communications initiatives.
About Strategic Objectives
Headquartered in Toronto with associates across Canada, Strategic Objectives provides Smart Ideas and Better Solutions to many of Canada and the world’s leading brands including: The Hudson’s Bay Company; Pfizer; Dyson; M&M Meat Shops; Transat Holidays; Koodo Mobile; Kruger Products; Build-A-Bear Workshop; YUM! Brands; Green & Black’s Organic; Tetley Tea; and TOMS, to name but a few.
Named IABC/Toronto PR Agency of the Year in 2011 and 2009 and winner of the CPRS Toronto PR Campaign of the Year Ace Award in 2011, 2007, 2006 and 2003, Strategic Objectives has won numerous top international awards for creating world-leading, brand-building integrated programs that deliver measurable results. It is the only Canadian firm to receive the exclusive United Nations Grand Award for Outstanding Achievement in Public Relations and to be named to the PR News Top Ten CSR A-List 2012.
Additional honours include: 12 IPRA Golden World Awards of Excellence, including Most Creative; 25 IABC Gold Quills; three consecutive CMA (Canadian Marketing Association) Awards for Best PR Program in Canada; and many more. A member of Pinnacle Worldwide, the Strategic Objectives team includes more than 40 PR professionals in its Toronto offices, including a fully-bilingual équipe.
Deborah Weinstein is available for interviews.
For more information, please contact David Weinstein at Strategic Objectives.
Tel: (416) 366-7735, ext. 231. Fax: (416) 366-2295.